Named GP for All patients
From April 2015 all Practices are required to provide all patients with a named/accountable GP who will have overall responsibility for the care and support that our Practice provides to them.
If you would like to know who your named GP is please ask the Receptionist.
Having a named GP does not prevent you from seeing any GP in the Practice as you currently do.
If you would like to speak to a doctor but do not feel you need to be seen, we can organise a telephone consultation with one of the GPs. This can be organized through the receptionist.
Home visits are at the discretion of the doctor and are for patients who are medically unable to attend the surgery.
Remember, the doctor can see four patients at the surgery in the time it takes to do one home visit.
If your problem is urgent we will ensure that you receive attention the same day, so please try to come to the surgery if possible. However, if you are seriously ill and cannot attend the surgery, you can request a home visit by telephoning the surgery wherever possible before 10:30am. The receptionist will ask you for details of your illness to help the doctor assess the urgency of the visit.
Home visits are allocated to both GPs and Nurse Practictioners.
Text Messaging Service
We provide a Text Messaging Service, which may be used to notify you of, for example:
- Appointment reminders or changes to your booked appointment
- National issues such as flu pandemics
- The practice being closed due to unforeseen circumstances
- Cancelled clinics including GP, nurse and health care assistant
Other notifications the practice deem necessary to your health care provision.
If you are happy for the GP Practice to contact you by these means, please provide us with your mobile telephone number
- The mobile phone number and email address will only be used by the GP Practice and will not be passed to any other parties.
- If at any time you would like to opt out of the above services, please make a personal request to the Practice and you will be opted out of the service. You may like to include your reason for opting out, to help us review and improve this service in future.
- Your mobile phone number and email address will solely be used by the GP Practice in relation to the health care services offered by the practice. You will be contacted in relation to any other types of products or services.
- No personal details will be included in the message to identify you.
Whilst the GP Practice will regularly check your contact details with you, please be aware that the onus of keeping your contact details current with the practice rests with you.